Lord I am so tired: Top 10 Labor Day films

Raise your glass to the hard working people
Lets drink to the uncounted heads
Lets think of the wavering millions
who need leaders but get gamblers instead
-from “Salt of the Earth”, by Mick Jagger & Keith Richard



Full
disclosure (I am so ashamed). It had been so long since I actually
stopped to contemplate the true meaning of Labor Day, I had to refresh
myself with a web search. Like many of my fellow wage slaves, I usually
anticipate it as just another one of the 7 annual paid holidays offered
by my employer (table scraps, really…relative to the other 254 weekdays
I’m required to spend chained to a desk, slipping ever closer to the
Abyss).


I’m not getting you down, am I?


Anyway, back to the true meaning of Labor Day. According to the U.S.D.O.L. website:


Read on...


How many have you seen. Tom
















No comments: